Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the course of duty of the crane which should be determined and specified. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal equipment models type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear units type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, find in the ratio column and based on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Required more concerning crane duty helical gearbox? Visit our site currently!